Saturday, May 24, 2008

HAPPY 60 YEARS TO NANA!


We celebrated our sweet moms' birthday this past Monday night. With her loved ones waiting inside our home, Nana carefully opened the front door to a big SURPRISE and what a surprise it was. Her family standing there to wish her a Happy Birthday that she never expected to see. It was so fun to be with everyone and celebrate our Nanas life. The highlight of the night for me came when all of her grandchildren were dancing on the front walkway, when the grandkids convinced mom to come and dance along too. She was hesitant and after taking off her oxygen with a little panic showing on her face she stood up with their help and danced the best she knew how. It tickled those kids so much. Nanas has always been a ballerina and she was in her element. I sat and watched as tears rolled down my cheeks... I thought to myself, "She shouldn't be here, and just look at her go." My mom is a precious miracle that we have been blessed with. How grateful I am for being given her as my mother. The great lessons of love and perseverance and faith to give life all you have. She has given me the greatest gift a mother could give her child...Everything she has! The love of her family and the gospel is what she treasures most. I have learned more than the world with ever know by watching my mother. We love you Nana and Happy Birthday.





2 comments:

megan said...

Wow, it was so good to see you today! It really has been forever. I know that time goes by and I have not seen you but, I think about you a lot. You have such a beautiful family that has really grown up. I hope that we can check in on each other now and again. Have a great start to the summer this week. So good to see you again and that you have blog!

Vickie Coles said...

I am now a member of the goggle/blogger/club WOW! I am also starring on the front page of a website- boy, things are happening now that I am '60' You are such sweethearts- My Birthday Party thrilled me to the core of my heart. What a wonderful surprise - And to think that my grandkids helped me to dance again made it a heavenily night. Thank you for all the beautiful work you went to so that I could have a storybook evening. I feel so loved - I hope that you know how much I love all of you. You are so precious to me and Dad! Love, Hugs and kisses Nana
I don't know what 'tags' are you'll have to tell me how to use them. xo